Saturday, October 1, 2011

Trek 2011


I totally forgot that I hadn't written anything about the trek we did this summer with the youth in our stake. What a blessing it was for us to be called as a "Ma and Pa" on the Trek. My appreciation for what the pioneers went through, sacrificing EVERYTHING, and putting all their faith in Christ and his church with the hope of a new life, a life free of persecution! That is why they did what they did. I learned in great detail the struggles of many of the pioneers. I learned about families. I learned about so much that I have to be grateful for because of their sacrifices for US! I learned about having more faith. I learned that I can do hard things. I learned that we were there for a reason, that our trek family was put together the way it was for a distinct purpose. I still pray for my pioneer children, and I always will. It wasn't THAT long ago when Matt and I were facing the same trials they are today. I feel for them, I want so badly for them to succeed and to remain faithful. I want them to develop a testimony that when life gets so terribly hard, it will be enough to pull them through. The trek was HARD! A lot rougher than anyone had anticipated. But so totally worth everything we went through.

No comments:

Post a Comment